Followers

Tuesday 3 April 2012

The 23cc Gears of War Chainsaw Lancer

Back in October 2010 I was inspired by the excellent video game series Gears of War that I'd actually make my own chainsaw lancer. This "lancer" on the game itself is a sort of assault rifle that has a chainsaw where the bayonet should be on a rifle that has bayonet lugs. The chainsaw, instead of a normal bayonet blade is used to kill Locust, the large humanoid things that you shoot at through the course of the game while spraying blood and stuff everywhere.



And the video just below is where I got.


I used some galvanized patio tubing and 1.5mm steel plate to make most of the chassis of the "lancer." ... And a CHAINSAW of course. A little Paulan 23cc 2 stroke chainsaw from about 20 years ago. No, it doesn't fire any projectiles unless you count the saw-dust of whatever is being cut as bullets.
It took me about 8 hours (about an hour each day after school of course) total to make the chassis and disassemble the saw then put it together the way it would work.



It's actually very dangerous - funny that, so I'd suggest you don't try and make your own unless you know what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment