Followers

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Light Painting and Long Exposures

Light painting, a term used in photography where lights are painted in the air where the camera is on long exposure. The camera captures available light and processes into one image giving very extraordinary results. Most, if not all pictures you'll see of the stars from the surface of the Earth were taken by long exposures.

Here's a few of my long exposures. I need to get some neutral density filters for doing exposures in the day time as my camera's F/stop value doesn't restrict the aperture enough.



Nunchakus with a brighter light, softer lights work better



8 seconds

8 seconds, 2 torches on bike spokes

8 seconds, 1 torch on nunchakus

Simplicity 


When it gets a bit more winterish I want to do a few long exposures of some of my rocket launches and do a few of pyrotechnics.

No comments:

Post a Comment